Sunday, January 16, 2011

How to Make Toast.....

I have come to the conclusion that we assume too much in this world.
We teachers assume that middle schoolers know how to address an envelope.
Drivers assume that other drivers will use their turn signals when they are going to change lanes.
Customers assume that sales associates will want to help them find the right product.
And the list goes on and on.
Me?
I have always assumed that the typical human knows how to make toast.
Toast.
But not everyone must know the in's and out's of toast-making because there is an EHOW page for this very thing. Thank goodness.
Maybe you should read it.
Maybe you really don't' know how.
Maybe you've doing it wrong all these years.
Maybe this is the exact remedy you need for that crippling breakfast anxiety you face everyday.
Stop embarrassing yourself with your incorrect toast-making techniques.
Read the article.
Really....it's not too late to make a change.
You don't have to thank me.
I'm here to serve.
post signature

4 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

Our loosey goosey computer curriculum wants us doing fancier stuff, but I find the kids aren't ready (since much of what they do now is play games on line.) So what I do, I have them learn to change fonts and orientation whilst publishing things like their addresses.

While they may know how to make toast, they might not be able to tell you where it is being made.

Lora said...

too funny

Terra said...

Really Laura, toast. I actually recently heard of someone who had never used a toaster...scary if you ask me. Both my girls can make toast. Aren't I proud.

Barb, sfo said...

You know, ehow PAYS people for those articles. Had I known that I could get paid for writing task analyses of mundane stuff like making toast, I could have made a mint. Unfortunately, someone else has gotten in the door ahead of me.