Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What's Your Theme Word for 2011?

One of my high school friends recently revealed that she chooses a focus word at the start of each year and keeps it within the context of whatever is going on in her life at the time. Because she occasionally finds herself going full throttle into situations then regretting it, she now realizes that to maintain the best balance of energy she will need to keep a certain PACE in her life.
As a result, PACE is her focus word for 2011.
I, too, chose a word.
In this glorious year of 2011, I realize that not everything has to be my issue.
I cannot control others.
I cannot control every negative situation that I believe to be headed my way.
I cannot stop people from thinking certain things about me.
I cannot do it all.
I don't want to do it all.
I don't always have to be in charge or always have to win the debate.
I surrender.
Surrender.
That is my word for 2011.
Not giving up.
No way. That's not me.
Just realizing that it's very freeing once in a while.... to accept and to give in.
post signature

6 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

Plank.

Bia said...

amen. good focus word. we also chose one for the family, and we voted on positive ... as in positive attitude, positive in how we support others and build them up, etc.

my word is fun.

Cheryl Lage said...

Wow! That is a wonderful choice---for all the right reasons. Big food for thought...

Hmmmm....

Thank you for always inspiring. :)

Lora said...

mine is MORE, which i explained last week -- not at all a material thing, but MORE of what He provides!

love yours :)

Terra said...

oh man, I haven't chosen my 2011 word yet. 2010 was hope, 2011...still hoping. Still no new word. I might do that today. Surrender for you and for your reasons, is perfect. Here's to a great 2011

Lisa said...

Another, similar word, and one I think I may have to choose: "fiat" ~ My saint for 2011 is St. Rose of Lima. Do you ever pull one from the "saint generator"?