Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Heart a Clever Homemade Valentine

I decided in my bossy, teacher kind of way that this year I wanted my students to MAKE their valentines. Between you and me, I wasn't quite sure if I was going to pull it off. (They are 7th graders you know.) However, somehow, someway all the students in my homeroom came in with a version of a homemade valentine. There were rockets (made with a roll of Mentos and a Hershey's kiss) that said "Blast off!" One young man drew a picture of a little tug boat and wrote "You float my boat." Another put a fortune cookie inside of a takeout container and wrote on a slip of paper, "It's my good fortune to be your friend." All cute, yes? But the grandaddy of them all was this one...

Outstanding effort and attention to detail- the students voted and she won first prize. (Okay, all the prizes are from the dollar store but the students don't care that my prizes are el-cheapo.)

All in all, my pushiness paid off; it was a very good day.

Now, I can finally unwrap those earplugs and eat them. post signature

3 comments:

Terra said...

OMG, that is adorable! Very creative kids you have there!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing it!

Dawn Farias said...

Love it! It DOES sound like a very good day. :)