Monday, February 14, 2011

I Heart Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a fun-filled day at school.
The students arrive very excited about the little 40 minute celebrations
we will be having in our homerooms.
(These parties basically consist of a few cupcakes, some drinks, and giving out cards.)
This year my class has decided to make their valentines.
I have two fabulous prizes for the best ones.....okay, I bought the fabulous prizes at the dollar store, but wrap anything in cellophane and it can look fabulous.
This is a holiday that really hasn't changed much since
I was in school.
Cards and heart-shaped candies still make young people smile....
and that Makes My Monday.
post signature
For a big Valentine's Day ear to ear smile, go visit Cheryl.

7 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

I'm looking forward to today too!

What a good idea to have your kids make their Valentines. Mine rely on the candy variety...

GrandmaK said...

Happy Valentine's Day to You!!! You make my day! ;) Cathy

debi9kids said...

I think that's one of the things a lot of parent's lose sight of...how much their children LOVE this holiday :)

Have a great one today!

Lisa said...

I agree! Pure innocent, sweet fun. :)

Bia said...

my first grader was sick all weekend, and spend the entire time worried ... WORRIED ... that he couldn't go to school today and that he would miss valentine's day.

he went ... all was well.

Cheryl Lage said...

Darren came home last week, and I said, "We need to go out and pick out some Valentines for your class." He responded with something to the effect of "Oh, in the third grade we don't do that."
I thought I would cry! Thankfully, it was a bit of bravado, he (and his sister) both wrote their last week---then distributed and received Valentines today. Whew!

LOVE this day...and the little one you included for illustrative purposes. :)

Love in all its manifestations Makes My Monday. Thanks for playing along, Lovely Laura!

Terra said...

Yes this is a good one for kids and schools...the one that bugs me is Halloween and why it seems to so often fall on a school night then the teachers get exhausted kids the next day